Tuesday 19 February 2008

Scoop6 and other dodgy bets

It's the return of the Champions League tonight and a mini card in the lower leagues in England so I'll have two coupons on tonight.

75% of Champions League games are won by the won side but with the teams finishing first in their groups away first in the last 16 that could change.
John Terry returns to a confident Chelsea (10/11) side so I expect them to beat Olympiakos by the odd goal. Roma (7/5) could be meeting Real Madrid - who have lost their last two - at the right team so I expect them to take a 1-0 lead to the Bernabeu.
Liverpool are in crisis but rarely lose at home and with Rafa playing his full-strength team I expect a draw (19/10) at home to Inter. Schalke at home to Porto has draw (2/1) written all over it.
Four trebles and a four-fold.

Elsewhere, Wolves (7/10) should return to winning ways against bottom of the table Scunthorpe in the Championship and I've been told Grimsby 7/4 are a good price in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
I know I always go for away teams in League Two but changing tactics and going for two home 'bankers' tonight. Second top Hereford (8/13) can go top if they beat bottom side Wrexham and Stockport (4/5) should have too much for second bottom Mansfield despite their 2-1 win over Darlington at the weekend.
I'm tempted to throw Darlington into the mix as well but they're something of a bogey team so not touching them (which means they'll win)

If all that comes up I'll get £160 for my tenner stake.
I'll stick on a £1 accy just in case which, whisper it, would return an extra £540.

Wish me luck!

No comments: