Wednesday 2 April 2008

Funny newspapers

So, what was the best April Fool’s joke from yesterday's Scottish newspapers and Tv/radio stations? You decide ....

102.5 Clyde/Scottish Sun - Glasgow International Airport being renamed as the ‘John Smeaton International Airport’.

Daily Record - New super-fruit, poranges, being grown at Braehead shopping centre in Glasgow.

Kingdom FM - The Scottish Government has decided to reinstate the tolls on the Forth and Tay road bridges.

Metro - The pushmipullyu is facing extinction, with only six of the two-headed llamas remaining. Also, there’s a new BMW which gives dogs an electric shock if they pee on the wheels.

Real Radio - Space shuttle lands at Cumbernauld Airport in Lanarkshire, due to technical difficulties.

stv - broadcast the 's' in its logo back-to-front.

As featured on allmediascotland.com

3 comments:

Sharon said...

none of the above...I am probably the only person in the world to be duped by an April Fool on the 2nd April...flying penguins on BBC news anyone?!!

Scooped! Spoof Newspapers said...

The John Smeaton one made me laugh but the rest not that great.
I heard about flying penguins on the beeb but didn't see it.
Only a blonde would fall for that one.
My favourite from many years ago was in the Daily Record - they ran a piece saying the Proclaimers were not really Scottish and weren't even twins, it was all a PR stunt.
I was young (and gullible) enough to believe it.

Rachel said...

I reckon I'd probably have fallen for the smeaton airport one to be honest, had I read it...